SR 826/SR 836 Design-Build-Finance Reconstruction Project (Section 5)Client: FDOT District 6 / MDX CAC / CAI / dMG
Location: Miami-Dade County, Florida
Construction Cost: $560 Million
The SR 826 / SR 836 Interchange Reconstruction project involves the construction of a new four-level system interchange in the heart of Miami-Dade County next to Miami International Airport and is the second largest highway project in Florida.
An MOT Master Plan was developed that joined the movements from Zone 1 (826 South), Zone 2 (826 North), Zone 3 (836 West), and Zone 5 (836 East) through the core of the interchange (Zone 4) in four (4) dimensions using construction sequencing and scheduling software. Traffic was routed through work zones as efficiently as possible, while ensuring public safety and providing capacity improvements.
The Innovative MOT design restored long term movement closures permitted by RFP from 1365 days to 30 days eliminating 98% of the planned closures.
- Walfry Pevida, PE – Design Manager & MOT EOR (Stantec/C3TS)
- Ernesto Fabregas, PE – Drainage EOR (Stantec/C3TS)
- Diego Jimenez, PE –Structures EOR (Stantec/C3TS)
- Cesar Quiroz, PE – MOT Project Engineer (BCC Engineering)
- Rudy Rodriguez, PE – Senior Designer (BCC Engineering)